Machining Automation/Machining Line
TKS designed and built dual lines to machine automotive components. The automation was integrated seamlessly with the customers existing machining centers and lathes. The line included conveying equipment, part hand-off mechanisms, and precision fixturing components with no required operator intervention from raw casting to finished product.
- Raw parts are loaded onto conveyor and are escaped into the infeed automation orient table
- Infeed gripper detects proper part orientation and loads raw part into the lathe chuck
- Exit automation removes rough turned part from lathe and repositions them onto a chain conveyor for transfer to next operation
- Automation weighs the part, analyzes the data and rejects improperly machined or out-of-spec parts
- Dual-gripper gantry loads and unloads part from dual-spindle machining center
- Infeed gripper loads part into lathe chuck for final, precision turning
View our Machining Automation Demo Videos
Turn-Key automated machining cell. Infeed conveyors, part pallets, Fanuc robot with an integrated 7th axis, specialized EOAT, CNC fixtures, tooling and programming.
Turn-Key automated machining cell. Infeed conveyor, Fanuc robot, specialized EOAT, CNC fixtures, tooling and programming. Integrated eddy check and part engraving prior to pack out.
Overhead gantry robot on a 7th axis tending three horizontal machining centers.