TKS proposed, designed and built the cell shown below for the machining of differential carriers. The cell was a joint effort between the customer and Turn-Key Solutions. The customer supplied the horizontal machining centers. TKS was responsible for the complete cell integration and part handling equipment.
The robot is mounted to a linear rail transport unit. This allowed the robot to service the eight horizontal machining centers in the cell.
- Horizontal machining center with “A” and “B” load fixtures
- Hydraulic fixture supplied with part in position sensing and datum flushing/cleaning
- Robot end of arm tooling and required hydraulic integration for proper operation
- End of arm tooling capable of handling raw castings and finished machined castings
- Infeed and outfeed conveyors supplied with buffer storage capability
- Automatic pallet rotate, bearing cap assembly station and parts buffer storage